Start a new topic

SVG

Importing the svg file from illustrator seems ok on the editor page but on the generated pdf the svg is smaller 

1 person has this problem

Hello Luke, I had a problem with the SVGs in PDF, though it was quite different.

My SVGs were fine on editor and JPG, but the paths were completely weird on the PDF. You may try the Compound Path on illustrator, so you'll get a single path ("calque 2") in my image. Never had a problem with SVGs since I do that.

Hope that will help you.

Best regards,
Quentin
jpg

Thanks for the advice, but I am still getting the same problem i have also tried using "cloudconvert" but i still get the same result.

Please see a before and after pic,

jpg
(141 KB)
jpg
(557 KB)

ok so this may help others with the same problem,

I was importing the SVG file into a folder in the picture section of Pitchprint and then going into design tab and using the  SVG file. but if I add the file in the designer part and  I dont seem to get this problem any more. 

The position problem is coming from the size of your SVG. All my files are 55x55mm each. The attached file is showing what's happening with 1x1mm file. And this one was upload directly into a document.

Thanks for noting the issue about the images. I'll have to take a closer look at that for my products.

In the same registery, I also noted that in the background tab there is some kind of limit or a conversion on the images. I spotted it when I uploaded an A4 jpg of 300DPI. The PDF was very light and of bad quality ; while when I upload directly the same background image into the design or in the public editor I get a PDF of 15MO.

jpg
(56.3 KB)

Thanks again Quentin, I worked out my problem with your help i had the responsive box tick in the SVG save options in AI.

Thanks again 

Hi Quentin + Luke,

Thanks for your observations. We did notice that some browsers actually compress uploaded image files based on the multi-uploader setting we are using.

All pre-compression have been disabled and when you upload to the admin gallery now, you get very high res-images just as you would when you upload using the editor itself.

We still do compression on images on the server but those are lossless compression and the image dimension is never altered.

Thanks,

Isaac 

Hello Isaac,
I got this message after "buying" a custom product with a 300DPI JPG registered in background :
{"error":true,"message":"No PDF file generated for this project. Kindly contact support : 73d924fb6df991cca70d43f2fbcebb82","errMsg":null}
It only happened the first time. I was able to generate two PDFs correctly after that (and they have the good size now).

Best regards,
Quentin

Why does this happen?

pdf
Hello David, as my collegue Quentin said in this topic : "My SVGs were fine on editor and JPG, but the paths were completely weird on the PDF. You may try the Compound Path on illustrator, so you'll get a single path ("calque 2") in my image. Never had a problem with SVGs since I do that."

I hope that will help you

best regards

jpg
Salut Christophe,

Alors j'ai essayé ce que tu conseil de créer un tracé transparent, voir ma première pièce jointe. Ensuite sur Pitch print j'ai donc mis l'image cote à cote même dimension où sur une j'ai glisser une image dedans.

Comme tu peut le voir sur la pièce jointe 2 seul l'image où j'ai glisser une dedans est bonne l'autre sans rien et toute petite alors qu'elle doit être de la même taille.

I've try to make the compound path on my file but always the same problem, in the render .pdf the size is not good, but it was good if we drap and drop an image inside in the editor. any solution ?

PNG
(180 KB)
PNG
(51 KB)
I've find the solution, the issues is solved. For anyone who work with illustrator :

On illustrator select all/Object/Compound Path/Create and save as .AI then open this .AI file in Inkscape and follow the step here : Look section to save.....

Sur Illustrator, sélectionnez tout et cliquez sur objet/tracé transparent/créer/ ensuite enregistrer sous .AI et ouvrez ce .AI sous Inkscape et suivez l'étape où Isaac explique comment sauvegarder ici : Link

Hello, thank you for your great answer !

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment